Friday, March 1, 2013

#40days Week 3


This Lent I've taken on the United Methodist Rethink Church 40 Day Photo Challenge.  During the season of Lent, as a spiritual discipline, I (and many, many others) are taking photos to represent different words that are common themes in the season of Lent.

This week has been more difficult than the last two .. Perhaps this is just do to "earthly" concerns encroaching on a holy time.  But this is why we call them spiritual disciplines.  During the season of Lent, we are called to give sacrificially of our time and spend it drawing closer to the Lord.  I am more than grateful for the opportunity given by Rethink Church to let different words spin around in my head during the day, helping me to understand how I see the world and what's important to me.  Certain themes are have become more forward in the pictures I've been taking, and they aren't surprising: parenthood and my faith.

I'm including the photos, and the tweet I posted each with.  Feel free to follow me on twitter @jarrodjohnston, and follow the #tag #40days to see what other UMCers are up to as they rethink church and the season of Lent!

Day 11 (live) - #40days Day 11 - well, if these 2 can #live in peace... #rethinkchurch


Day 12 (vision) - Catching up... #40days Day 12 - My personal #vision has always started here w this hymn. #rethinkchurch #lent


Day 13 (cover) - Catching up #40days day 13 - Here's my #cover. #rethinkchurch


Day 14 (lift) - #40days Day 14 - here's my daily #lift. You're welcome, @umrethinkchurch #lent #rethinkchurch


Day 15 (hear) - #40days Day 15 - I love what I get to #hear every week in this room. #rethinkchurch


Day 16 (earthly) - #40days Day 16 - #earthly #parenthood #rethinkchurch


Day 17 (prophet) - #40days Day 17 - Micah 6:8 #prophet #dogood #donoharm #rethinkchurch


No comments:

Post a Comment