Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Little UMC Irony in the Mail

One of these things is not like the other ...

Or should I say, "One of these things does not like the other ..."

I found it funny, and so United Methodist, that I received,  in the same day, an envelope with info on the Reconciling Ministries Network and a magazine from Good News.

Can you guess which one I actually asked to get?

I'll give you a hint ... I was both followed and unfollowed by Good News in the same day on Twitter during General Conference - for snarkily challenging an off-base article.

This was just too good not share!  And while I disagree with one of the above groups on quite a lot of their politics, I do think it's a strength of the UMC that we run the gamut of so many perspectives on so many things.  It's groups like these that can make it really hard to pin down what exactly the UMC is, but maybe that's ok.

At least Good News and the RMN an coexist in my office mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment